Managers, What’s Your Strategy in Supervising Your Field Agents?
There’s no ‘right’ way to manage your employees. Each of your field agents are going to have their own style. Fundamentally, being an effective manager is about more than just driving your field agents to work harder and more efficiently. The best managers value and appreciate people.
Follow these top tips to achieve effective management :
1. Self management is important and can’t be forgotten. Before strategizing your next plan, it’s important to be aware of which management situations you perform well and which you don’t. You should be familiar with the current situations, from strength to biggest challenges so that you can better prepare your strategy.
2. After determining where you can improve, you can start looking for tools to help you. Available on mobile devices, a workforce management system can help your field agents to automate mundane tasks on the field. For managers, the dashboard view can monitor and live track your team’s locations on a real-time basis.
3. Tools like route management systems can also help you to better plan out your field agents’ daily route plan. It automatically generates the most recommended route out of millions of possibilities so you can reduce time and resources on planning it.
4. Other than technical tools, you should also continuously hold a performance review for your field agents. Set specific and measurable goals with your field agents and regularly monitor their progress toward achieving them. When your team does something exceptional, reward him/her with recognition. You don’t want to take a high-performing employee for granted. They work hard and accomplish big goals so you should acknowledge their successes.
5. Lastly, never mold your team to a ‘one-size-fits-all’ management style. Your team is comprised of individuals with different strengths, weaknesses, and ideas. Focus on individuals and customize your approach to fit each one.
At the end of the day, not everyone is going to be easy to work with and ensuring everything is running without a hitch can be a challenge. Advotics is here to help you streamline your tasks and help you to focus on what matters.